How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10? You can recover files that have been deleted using one of the three ways described in this blog. One of the most straightforward methods for recovering deleted files in Windows 10, including images, music files, videos, Office documents, and other types of media, is to use Advanced Disk Recovery, a recovery application for Windows that may assist you in finding deleted items in just a few clicks.
5 Steps on How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files In Windows 10
Step 1: Advanced Disk Recovery Tool should be downloaded and launched
Step 2: Select the location where you wish to recover your deleted files from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Select the drive and then click on the “Start Scan Now” button.
Step 4: You can choose between a Quick Scan and a Deep Scan.
Step 5: When the scan is finished, you will see a list of deleted files in red type. Select the files you want to recover and click on them.
Don’t worry! It is possible to recover permanently erased files on your computer with or without specialized recovery software.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 (Using Software)
There are three different methods for recovering deleted files. Let’s take them one by one and see how they go:
Method 1: Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 using Software
When it comes to recovering accidentally erased data, Advanced Disk Recovery is the software to turn for assistance. You may recover any file or folder on your Windows PC, even if you have previously deleted them using the shift key on your keyboard. You can download it by clicking on the button below:
To get back on track, follow these steps:
- Installing and using the Advanced Disk Recovery software on your Windows computer is simple.
- Choose the location where you want to recover a deleted file or folder from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Drive and then click on the ‘Start Scan Now’ button.
The Quick Scan and Deep Scan options will be presented to you as options to choose from.
A quick scan will scan master file tables, while Deep Scan will scan master file tables thoroughly.
- Following the completion of the scan, you will be presented with a list of deleted files in red type.
- Select any deleted file and then click on the ‘Recover’ button to bring it back to life.
- Choose a location where you wish to save the file or folder after it has been recovered and then click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm your selection.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 (Without Using Software)
Method 2: How to undelete Files Using Restore Previous Versions
- Go to the folder or location where you previously saved the file. (before deletion)
- Right-click the folder and choose “Restore prior versions.”
- You can choose to restore the folder.
This will recover the lost files by restoring the earlier version of the file.
If you don’t see “Restore previous versions,” don’t panic. Here you need to do:
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu, or type Control Panel into the Run window (Windows Key and R together).
- Locate System >System Protection on the menu bar (locate on the left side of the panel)
- You’ll be presented with the System Properties window. Configure the drive by selecting it and clicking Configure.
- On the System Protection window, select the radio button next to Turn on System Protection from the drop-down menu.
Now, when you open a specific folder, you will see the words “Restore prior versions.”
As a result, repeat the preceding steps to restore earlier versions.
Method 3: How To Get Lost Files Via Backup
If you use Windows Backup, you can probably recover files on Windows 10. You can search for backups and restore data. Use a backup to restore permanently deleted files in Windows 10.
- Connect your backup storage media to your Windows PC using the USB cable.
- To access the Settings menu, press the Windows key and the I key together.
- Backup found under Update & Security-> Backup.
- Go to Backup & Restore by selecting it from the drop-down menu (Windows 7)
- Select Restore My Files from the drop-down menu.
Otherwise, select the appropriate drive to retrieve another backup to restore and follow the on-screen instructions if one is not already accessible.
Method 4: How to Retrieve Permanently Lost Files Using Command Prompt
You are using Command Prompt to recover permanently deleted data in Windows 10. You can also recover data from the Recycle Bin. All you need to do is connect a USB or external drive to your computer. To do so, utilize the attribute command:
- In the Start menu’s search box, type Command Prompt or CMD to launch the command prompt. To start it, select “Run as administrator” from the menu bar.
- Enter the command chkdsk E: /f and click Enter. (When you want to restore deleted files from an external drive, the letter E represents the drive letter.)
Note: Chkdsk is a command that can be used to check the integrity of your hard disk and may also be used to resolve a variety of file system problems.
- Now, type Y to authorize the system to begin scanning, and then hit Enter.
- Once more, type E: (DRIVE LETTER) and hit the Enter key.
- Enter the following command: F:>attrib -h -r -s /s /d .
-r This is a read-only attribute.
–s Assigns the system attribute to the specified files
Files that have the ‘Hidden’ characteristic are selected.
‘/S’ searches the supplied path, which includes subfolders, for the specified way.
Process directories are contained within the ‘/D’ command.
Once the scan is complete, you will be presented with a new folder on the external device that has been linked. The files that are retrieved will be in the.CHK format. Files can be reorganized and moved to the proper location after they have been formatted.
Method 5- How to Restore Data from Recycle Bin Windows 10
If you have deleted the files by hitting or clicking Delete, your data will be stored in the Recycle Bin. To recover data from the Recycle Bin, you must first perform the following steps:
- Locate the Recycle Bin icon on your computer’s desktop and double-click it to activate it.
- Locate the files that you wish to recover from the Recycle Bin window and select them.
- Select the file and then click Restore the selected items, or click Restore all things if you want to restore everything in the file.
So, if you are fortunate enough, you will be able to obtain your data via any of these techniques. If you do not receive them, don’t give up hope; you may always rely on third-party software to complete the task for you. A few clicks of the mouse with the Advanced Disk Recovery application will restore your permanently deleted files in Windows 10 and is one of the most effective tools available for this operation.
Create backups of your key files regularly if you don’t want to be faced with the situation of losing your important documents. Maintaining the security of your sensitive data is possible with an external drive or cloud storage. You can also enable File History to be sure that your files are not lost or corrupted. Files are automatically copied to a network disk or a USB flash drive when this feature is enabled.
After knowing How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10, what do you think? Is it easy or not? It a pretty straightforward, right? Leave your comment about How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10 on the comment column below!