Hulu Not Working? Here’s the Easy Way to Fix It, With over 30 million subscribers to its on-demand and live TV plans, Hulu is one of the largest and most recognized streaming services available. However, even with such a large subscriber base, Hulu is not immune to problems. Let’s take a look at what to do if Hulu isn’t working well for you.
Hulu not working: video problems
Whether you’re having buffering issues or can’t access the Hulu website, there are several problems you may encounter with your video. Here are some specific video problems you may experience and how to fix them.
Also Read: How to Activate Fox Sports on Roku in 2021
Problems with buffering and rendering
- Close the Hulu app. You can also force close the app on certain smart devices.
- Turn off and restart your device. You can also turn the modem and router off and on again, but this is not always necessary.
- Check and improve the connection. Hulu recommends speedof.me for speed tests. You can also contact your internet service provider (ISP) if your speed is too slow.
- Make sure your download speed meets requirements. Hulu requires a minimum of 1.5 Mbps and recommends 3 Mbps for download speed. For 4K videos, the speed should be 16 Mbps.
- Check for app and system updates. Make sure you have the latest version of Hulu and the latest OS version for your device.
- Clear your cache and data. Running out of space can cause some problems, so delete temporary files.
- Uninstall and reinstall Hulu. As a last resort, remove Hulu from your device and download it again.
Streaming problems on Hulu.com
- Check system requirements. Your computer must be running Mac OS X 10.9 or later, Windows 10 or Chrome OS. Your browser must be Safari 11 or later, Firefox 65 or later, Chrome 69 or later, or Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Also make sure HTML5 is enabled.
- Check and improve your connection.
- Turn off and restart your device.
- Clear the browser cache. Browsers create temporary files that you can delete from time to time.
- Use a private or incognito window. These windows do not store cookies and cache files. You may also have an extension that causes problems.
- Use a different browser. You may need to use a different browser to stream on the Hulu website.
Also Read: How to Fix the Etsy Login Problem
Hulu.com advertising issues
- Disable ad blocking software. Most ad blockers allow you to whitelist certain websites so you can disable ad blocking completely or only show ads on certain websites.
- Clear your browser cache. Force quit the browser from there and reopen it.
- Use a different browser.
Hulu not working: Audio issues
It’s really annoying to watch a streaming video and not hear anything. Here are some audio problems and what you can do to fix them:
Problems with no audio, audio too loud or too weak, or audio out of sync.
- Problems with no sound, too loud or muffled sound or unsynchronised sound
- Watch other programmes or films. You want to see if the audio problem is visible in one or more videos.
- Check the audio settings. Make sure you don’t turn the sound off by mistake and forget to turn it on. Also check if the volume is too high or too low.
- Adjust the HDMI cable. In some cases, you can blame a faulty HDMI cable or port. Connect the HDMI cable to another port on your TV or display to make sure. Use the same HDMI cable on another display and twist the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Do not use external speakers. The external speakers could also be the fault. Some devices or shows do not support surround sound, so switch the audio settings to Stereo and disconnect the external speakers.
Problems with audio being in another language
- Check the language settings on Hulu. Some shows and movies support different languages. Make sure you choose the language you want by clicking or tapping the wheel icon and selecting a language.
- Check the language settings on your device. Make sure the language of your device is as you want it.
- Choose the correct version of the show. Some shows, such as South Park, have separate show pages for English and Spanish. Choose the language version in which you want to listen to the show.
- These are some of the most common problems you might or may have encountered with Hulu. If you find that the steps don’t work for you, contact Hulu customer support. You can also visit the Hulu subreddit on Reddit to see if anyone else is having similar issues.