Do you want to uninstall a program on iPhone or iPad? We will tell you how to do it quickly and in 3 ways!
If your iPhone is running low on storage space, an effective way to free it up is to remove the app from the iPhone. With the release of the new firmware, it’s not so easy anymore. Apple has added the app library, and now it’s not enough to simply remove the app from the home screen. It can remain in the memory and take its place in the library.
We’ll explain how to get rid of programs you no longer need on your iPhone, in three ways.
To uninstall an app that you have removed from the home screen on iOS 14
Use one of the following methods to remove an app that is not on your home screen on an iPhone or iPad.
Search and delete the app in the app library.
It’s quite a hassle to manually search for an app in the app library, especially if the app is hidden in a particular app group you don’t know about. Fortunately, you can simply search for an app in the app library and delete it. Here’s how to do it,
- On the Home screen, swipe left until you see the App Library.
- Swipe down on the App Library screen to perform a search.
- Enter the name of the app you want to delete in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Long press the app icon (not the app name).
- Select “Delete app.” Then tap “Delete” again to confirm.
- That’s it. The app and its data are permanently deleted from your device.
Removing an application from the home screen
- Click on an empty area on the screen;
- Wait until icons with “-” appear on the programs;
- Click on such an icon for the program;
- Delete it “from the home screen”.
In this case, it will be moved to the library.
To permanently delete an iPhone app
- Press on the program icon;
- Click “Delete.”
- Then click “Delete program.”
- In this way, you can delete it forever.
Delete Apps via the settings
- Open the settings and go to “General”;
- Then open the iPhone storage;
- Select the program and delete it.
With this method, you can still check how much memory is used by various social networks, utilities, and applications on iPhone.
You can also delete all applications and settings when you go to “Reset iPhone”.