Online Video streaming has become a rage in the world today especially among youngsters, and it also provides a monetary source to many of these streamers. Ranging from educational videos, gaming, real-life videos, entertainment, etc. online video streaming covers various life aspects of human society and nature.
Now to record a screen, users may need third-party software. However, for those non-professional streamers or newcomers, it is very difficult to choose and operate a good recording software from the internet. Now there are other ways to record a screen without using any tool on Windows 10. Windows 10 comes with this hidden recording feature, but very few people know. This post will give you detailed steps on two methods to record a screen on your Windows 10.
Method 1- Using Xbox app
This method is very simple. All you need is just the Xbox app and some shortcut keys to use this method to record the screen. Follow the steps below.
- Step 1. First, you need the Xbox app on your Windows 10 system. Click on the Start button and search for “Xbox app”, and then open the app.
- Step 2. After the Xbox app has opened, you have to use a shortcut key “WIn + G” on your keyboard. (Note- The shortcut key has to be used on the screen you want to record).
- Step 3. After you press this combination, a popup showing “ Do you want to open the Game bar?” will appear.
- Step 4. Click on the check box “Yes, it is a game”.
- Step 5. A few options including “Screenshot”, “Settings” and “Recording” will appear on the screen. Now you have to select the Start Recording button to record the screen you want. To stop the screen recording you can select the “Stop Recording” button when you are finished.
All your recordings will get saved to the folder address “C/Users/Videos/Captures“. Other than recording you can also opt for the screenshot function in this Xbox game bar tool.
Method 2- Using VLC Media Player
Why did this post mention using VLC Media player? Because almost every computer user has a VLC Media player installed on their system. Since its launch in 2005, there have been over 1 Billion downloads worldwide and it is free. Using a VLC Media player you can record the screen you want and there is no need for any other recording software. Follow the steps to complete the process of recording your screen using the VLC Media player.
- Step 1. First of all, open the VLC Media player on your system. If you don’t have this software, download it from the internet and install it.
- Step 2. After launching the VLC media player, left-click on “Media,” and select the “Open Capture Device” option.
- Step 3. Go to the Capture Device tab, then from the Capture mode drop-down scroll select the “Desktop” option.
- Step 4. If you want to set your preferred parameters you can do this by setting other options in the “Show more option” and then left-click on the “Play” button on the bottom.
- Step 5. After finishing the recording click on the stop icon on the VLC media player’s interface.
- Step 6. Now you will see the recorded video file on the VLC media players screen. Right-click on the recording file and select the “Save..” option. Choose the Destination folder you want to save and press “Enter”.
You will see the recording file in the desired location. That’s how it is done to record your screen using a VLC Media player.
The recording screen of your windows 10 system using the two methods is very simple and hassle-free. There is no need to download messy software or to buy paid professional tools online. These two methods work quite well for amateurs.