iMessage on Windows is a messaging software exclusively for Apple users. Yes, you heard it right, unlike other instant messaging software like Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc. iMessage can only be used on Apple iOS, Mac, Apple iPad. So if you are a Windows PC user and want to browse your iMessage on Windows then you have come to the right place, as in this article we are going to show two ways to access your iMessage from your Windows system.
As of now, there is no official support from Apple to have access to iMessage from Windows, and it seems to remain the same in the near future. iMessage is exclusive to Apple-based operating systems. Thus it makes it difficult for Windows users to get iMessage on their system.
Also Read: How to Recover Unsaved Word Documents on macOS
How to Access iMessage on Windows 10, 8 and 7
In this article, we are going to show you two distinctive software with similar operation tactics to get access to your iMessage on Windows PC. Yes, iMessage is exclusive to Apple, but growing user demands makes the Network community work out some ways to bypass this exclusivity barrier. Using the below-mentioned ways you can gain access to your iMessage.
1. Google Chrome Remote Desktop Extension.
What is meant by Remote Desktop? It is to gain access and control your Home or Work Computer from anywhere(provided that both computers are connected to the internet). Chrome Remote Extension and App from Google provide secure, fast, and free remote connections. You can connect however you want using a Windows, Android, or iOS device.
- Log in to your Mac and open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type/Enter “https://remotedesktop.google.com/support” in the address bar and hit Enter.
- The Chrome Remote Desktop will show you two options-
- Share this screen and Connect to another computer.
- Click the little round blue Download button under the bottom-right corner of the Share this screen option box.
- You will be redirected to Chrome Webstore. Now you have to download and add the Chrome Remote Desktop extension to your Chrome Browser.
- After finishing the extension click on the added Chrome Remote Extension, it will open the Remote Support homepage. Now the little blue Download button will be replaced with the Generate Code button. Click on it to generate a 12 Digit Code.
- Next, repeat the same process from step 1 to step 5 on your Windows PC.
- Click on the installed extension or revisit remotedesktop.google.com/support and go to the second option Connect to another computer.
- Now enter the Mac Chrome Remote Desktop 12 Digit Sharing code and click connect.
- It takes a few seconds for a successful connection. Now you will be able to see the Mac screen on your Windows system.
- After successful connection, you have to log in to your iMessage app on your Mac and then remotely control through your windows PC
Note- You have to keep the Mac system Power On for remote sharing with your windows PC.
Also Read: How to change the keyboard on your iPhone?
2. TeamViewer – Remote Desktop App for Windows, Android, iOS.
TeamViewer is a Remote Desktop app that is available across all major operating platforms. It has both free and paid premium versions. You will need to install the TeamViewer app from the Apple store and Teamviewer.com to your Mac and Windows systems respectively. We have written the complete process for accessing your iMessage from Windows using this App.
- Download and install the TeamViewer app from the App Store from your iPhone or Visit TeamViewer Official site from your Mac.
- Do the download and installation on your Windows PC. Visit TeamViewer Official site to download the free version. The file will be downloaded to your downloads, Double click the teamviewer_setup_x64.exe file to start the installation process.
- Now launch the TeamViewer App on both your iPhone/Mac and on your Windows system.
- Every single TeamViewer App on your Mac and Windows system will have a unique 9 Digit ID and password. To gain access to other computers you need to know that computer’s TeamViewer ID and Password.
- Enter the Mac TeamViewer ID and Password on your Windows TeamViewer App and click connect. It takes a few seconds to successfully connect to the remote system.
- Now that you have full access to your Mac, you can use your iMessage app on your Windows.
Also Read: How to on Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad a Simple Guide
Remote Sharing is easy to use and has broad prospects. But it is also vulnerable to cyber threats and system invasion. Thus there may be other ways or methodologies for remote access or how to get iMessage on the Windows system, but the above two ways are among the best and secure.
If you find other remote sharing methods, you should not try it lightly and do make sure that it does not compromise your cybersecurity.
Internet connectivity is a must for your Mac, iOS, or Windows for using remote sharing methods. Always disconnect the sharing link after finishing your work.