Here, you can find answers to questions from “What is a poll?” to “How to create a poll?’’. So if you’re searching for a website where you can know everything related to poll then this is your go-to page.
What is a poll?
A poll or a survey is the process of recording the opinion, likes, dislikes, and choices of a targeted population.
How does a poll work?
It works somewhat similarly to voting in a political election. Every business needs content. And to get the regular content business owner or the marketer need to carry out the poll. They do it by asking a set of questions to understand the needs of their target audience. For example, a business that sells candles may ask questions like, “Which colored candles do you like?” or “Which scented candles do you like?”. The surveyor can add two or more answers as options for the targeted audience to vote.
How does a poll help?
In the above example, if the majority votes for, let’s say, red-colored, lavender-scented candles, then producing more red-colored, lavender-scented candles will generate more sales, hence more profit (money). Every business survives on profit.
So a poll benefits a seller by educating him/her about the needs of the targeted audience.
Who needs a poll?
Anyone who wants to get an idea about the opinions, likes, dislikes of a group of people. A poll is widely used on social media. But the goal behind conducting a poll differs from person to person. A YouTuber conducts a poll to get an idea about his/her next video, a freelancer conducts a poll to know about the pain points of his/her targeted audience, etc.
Nowadays, many social media platforms let their users create a poll. You probably have shared your view on someone else’s poll but you don’t know how to create a poll and that’s why you are here. Creating a poll isn’t rocket science. There are a series of steps to create a poll. In this article, we’re gonna learn about:
What is a Facebook Poll? What is its significance?
How to create a poll on Facebook?
Facebook has over 2.85 billion users and the numerous features offered by Facebook make it the king of social media. One of the features is to conduct a poll. Facebook has been taking a robust approach to management and increasing engagement since its creation. Hence, a Facebook poll attracts a lot of engagement. The more engagement the more value it creates for the surveyor. The surveyor then understands better about:
- What are the shortcomings?
- What are the pain points of the audience?
- What is in the trend?
- Which brands do the target audience like?
- What content/products should be created next to earn profit?
The list of questions can be endless. The benefit of creating a Facebook poll is the lesson the surveyor learns from the responses of the targeted audience. Building an online brand presence is also a benefit. In the initial part of growing a brand presence online needs running ads which could be expensive and might ruin the budget plans. In such a situation, Facebook polls come to rescue the newbie brands.
Facebook polls can be created on Facebook pages, Facebook groups, and Facebook stories.
How to create a poll in a Facebook group?
The first and most important thing is to identify your target audience and find out where your target audience is.
- Steps to create a poll in groups:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click on the group icon on the navigation bar
- Find out groups where your target audience is present
- Inside the group, on your right-hand side, there is a “poll”
- Click on “poll’
- Click on the “Ask a question…” tab
- Type your question and add relevant options with or without images
- Click on “Add to your post” and you’re done.
How to create a poll in the Facebook story?
Nowadays people scroll across stories more than they scroll down the newsfeed. When there is traffic there is engagement.
- Steps to create a poll in the Facebook story:
- Log in to your account
- On your left-hand side, on the homepage, click on “create a story” in blue.
- Scroll across and click on “poll”
- Type your question on “Asl a question…” and add probable answers
- On your right-hand side, at the top, click on “Done”
- Now you can choose the color of the background
- Click on “Share to the story” and you are done.
How to create a poll on a Facebook page?
A good Facebook page attracts a good amount of engagement by providing content which either entertains or educates people.
- Steps to create a poll on a Facebook page
- Open the Facebook app
- Click on the pages tab. You can find it on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the Publishing tools page
- Click on “create post” in blue at the top right-hand side.
- Click on the three dots button
- Find and click on the “poll” button
- Type your question on “Ask something…” and add relevant options
- Below the options box, there is a “1 week” drop-down box. Here you can choose the time limit of your poll. After the time is over your poll will get removed from the page.
- Click on “Share now” and you’re done.
The power of Facebook is invaluable. By creating polls frequently brands and businesses can accelerate their growth with ease.