How To Convert HEIC Images to JPG/JPEG Format in Windows?
A common problem for users who use both iPhone and Windows operating systems is that the photos taken by their iPhone are not accessible or can’t open on Windows PC/laptop. The image taken by the iPhone is in HEIC format which is not supported by the Windows operating system. Hence you are required to convert the HEIC format to an image format suitable for Windows like the JPG/JPEG format.
Why are iPhones not accessible on Windows PC/Laptop? Because the image captured by the iPhone is saved in HEIC(High-efficiency image file format). The images in HEIC format are supported in all iOS devices and are invalid on Windows operating systems.
Now we have discussed three viable methods to convert HEIC images to JPG/JPEg format, The Three methods include both offline and online ways to convert iPhone images.
Method 1- Using an offline tool to convert HEIC images to JPG format
There are many software/apps available on the internet to convert HEIC images to JPG format. Some of the examples are CopyTrans HEIC for Windows(free), iMazing HEIC Converter(Free), Bitwar HEIC Converter(Paid), and Apowersoft HEIC Converter(Free).
In this post, we will discuss the iMazing HEIC converter. It is one of the best offline applications to convert HEIC images to JPG format. It can be downloaded and used for free. Also, there is no requirement for an internet connection to use this application. Download and install it on your Windows Desktop or Laptop and use it to convert your HEIC images to JPG images.
To use this application we have provided a step-by-step guide below to convert iPhone HEIC images to JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 1- Download the iMazing HEIC Converter from the iMazing Official website to your system(iMazing is available for both Windows and Mac).
- Step 2- Double-click on the downloaded iMazing setup file and follow the instructions to install the software in your system.
- Step 3- Open the iMazing application after the installation is completed. Now select the HEIC files from your iPhone and drop them in the iMazing software.
- Step 4- After the uploading/dropping of the HEIC images into the software is done, you can see the preview of the images you have dropped.
- Step 5- Select the JPG /JPEG Format, then click on the Convert button.
After you have clicked on the Convert button, it will take a few seconds to convert the images. The converted images will be saved in the original location of the original images.
Method 2- Convert HEIC to JPG Online For Free (No Hidden Costs)
Another way to convert HEIC images to JPG/JPEG format is through the internet. There are many image conversion websites available on the internet. The advantage of online conversion is that it is fast and hassle-free. You just need to update the HEIC images, select the required image format and click on the convert button. After a few seconds download the converted images into your system.
Now everyone doesn’t prefer the offline conversion method. So we have brought to you the method of conversion through the internet.
Some of the online image conversion websites are heictojpg.com, cloudconvert.com, frequentconvert.com, etc.
In this post, we are going to talk about converting HEIC images to JPG format through the CloudConvert online converter. Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to use CloudConvert for image conversion.
- Step 1- Open the website cloudconvert.com/heic-to-jpg on your web browser.
- Step 2- Upload your HEIC images to the website.
- Step 3- Click on the Start Conversion button to start converting the HEIC images. You can also configure the output images quality, height, width, pixel, and EXIF data, though this step is optional.
- Step 4- The conversion process takes a few seconds to a minute. After the conversion is completed you can download the converted images to your system by clicking on the Download button which is right next to your converted images.
Method 3- Convert using Google Photos
Using Google Photos to convert HEIC images to JPG/JPEG format is actually done in a tricky way. This method is for those users who use both iPhone and Google Photos. To know more about how to use this method, follow the instructions given in this post.
- Step 1- Login to your Google Photos account through your PC/Laptop.
- Step 2- You can see all your Phone photos on the website. If you don’t then you should sync all the required photos with Google Photos in your Phone Google Photos app.
- Step 3- Right-click on the image you wish to convert and select the “Save image as..” option.
- Step 4- Select the download destination on your PC/Laptop and select “Save”.
The image will automatically be converted and saved on your PC.
Also Read : 7 Best MP3 to MIDI Converters Online & Offline
These are 3 very simple and easy-to-use methods to convert your iPhone HEIC images to JPG or JPEG format. You can experiment with these methods and choose the one that fits best with you.
If you are frequently transferring photos from iPhone to Windows system then using the Offline application is the best. And if the image transfer from iPhone to Windows is infrequent, say one week or even a month, then use the online conversion tool. The last method of google photos works best for those who have access to the Google Photos app on their iPhone.