The invention of the Internet has allowed mankind to ease the communication gap between individuals or groups regardless of physical distances. It reduced the vast world into a global village or it can also be said that the Internet is the second home albeit virtual for human beings. Since it is also the homeworld of a person, that person also has an identity. Now a profile name or username is the second identity of a person through which he/she interacts on the Internet. So this username is very important for us. Most netizens use pseudonyms as their username rather than using their real name. Similar to a person’s real name, a username can also be good or bad, and changing your username is possible for most platforms. But Minecraft imposes some restrictions in changing the game username.
What is Minecraft? It is a game developed by Swedish game developer Markus Persson and later carried forward by Mojang and extremely popular in the gaming community. So what does Minecraft appeals to the gamers that makes it so popular? This game is a creative type game, challenging the limits of the imagination of the players. It involves building a 3D world along with its multiple game modes which make the already avid gamers more enthusiastic.
Now a game player’s Username is as essential as other gadgets like 4k monitors, Gaming Keyboards & Mouse, Game screens, Video recording software, etc. so if you are not content with the existing Minecraft username and wish to change/replace it then you have come to the right place.
How to change the Username of Your Minecraft Profile?
Changing a Username depends upon the website’s own rules. Most websites on the internet like social media networks or some gaming sites allow changing usernames without any major restrictions. Some websites allow a limited number of username changes and a few others allow a username change one time only.
In Minecraft changing the username multiple times is allowed. But it comes with a major restriction- a 30-day lock period is imposed after you have changed your Minecraft username.
To change the username in Minecraft you may follow the step-by-step instructions given in this post.
A Guide to change the Minecraft username
- Step 1: Launch your Web Browser and open the Moganj Official website.
- Step 2: Left-click on the “Account” button that is found on the top of the Mojang home screen. This will open the registration page.
- Step 3: if you are an existing user then click on the “login” button.
- Step 4: Fill in your Minecraft account credentials(E-mail address & password) and hit the Login button.
- Step 5: After successful login, you can see all of your Majong games in the “My Games” section.
- Step 6: You will find the usernames of all your gams in Majong displayed in the My Games section. Select the “Change” option that is placed on the right side of the Minecraft username.
- Step 7: As soon as you click the “change” button, the site will open the “Rename Profile” area. Here, you can change the existing username with your desired username after checking the availability.
- Step 8: Once you have set down the new username, you will be asked to verify the “change” with your account password. Input the correct account password and click on the “Change Name” button below.
What are the limitations of Changing Minecraft Username
Changing a username is actually very easy as seen in the instructions. But Minecraft imposes some restrictions on changing usernames. Now let us look at some of these restrictions.
1.30-day lock-in period after changing a Minecraft Username
If you have changed your Minecraft username then Minecraft will issue a 30-day lock-in period to changing your username. That means only after 30 days from the surname change, you can change your username again.
You can’t change your username as you wish. You can only change your username based on availability. When changing username if you have to check the availability i.e clicking on the “Check availability” button and only after the confirmation “Profile name is available” you can choose that username.
3.7-day window to retrieve old username
Now there might be a situation that you are not satisfied with the changed username and want the old username back, then there is a 7-Day time period to take back your old username. After the 7-day time period expires then you have no possibility to revert to your previous username or you can change the username to the previous one after the 30-day lock-in period expires based on the condition that your previous username is available.
Unlike other platforms that have none or limited restrictions on changing username/profile name, Minecraft imposes a hefty restriction of a 30-day lock-in period before changing your username successively. We hope that through this post you are now clear about some information on changing usernames on Minecraft.