Here is the solution to get Printer Offline to Online in Windows 10, Now it is not a huge surprise that Printer’s status can change from online to offline, as this is also a prime feature present in Windows 10. Even though most of us expect the Printer to be online and ready to print, sometimes we forget the fact that the Printer could go offline. The Printer being offline doesn’t mean that the Printer is removed from the system altogether. In order to detect why the Printer went offline in most scenarios,
The Windows 10 Operating System will display the status of the Printer. An error while printing or the issue with the printer drivers are the most probable reason for the Printer to go offline. In this post, I will help you resolve this problem and how you could change the Printer’s status from offline to online.
Get Printer Offline to Online in Windows 10
When a printer goes offline, there is a certain advantage too. If a printer is offline, no one can mishandle the Printer by temporarily blocking access by printing unnecessary documents.
At certain times, the Printer to go offline is because of paper jams, lack of paper in the Printer, and network issues. You can sort out these problems by clearing the paper jam, refilling the paper tray, and the network issue by restarting the Printer. On other occasions, you might find it hard to revive it; in that case, you have to manually activate the Printer online. You can go through the steps given below to make the Printer online in Windows 10.
Also Read: How To Fix USB Keyboard not Recognized in Windows 10
Make Printer Online through Settings
Using the Setting App to disable the Use Printer Offline option is the simplest way to make a printer online in Windows 10.
- From the Start, you can select the Settings and from there find the Devices.
- Select the Devices.
- In the Next window, on the left pane, you will find the Printers & Scanners icon and select the icon.
- Once the screen opens, select the Printer and select the Open queue option on the right pane.
- In the following window, find and click on the Printer Tab, and finally, to remove the checkmark on the corresponding item, select the Use Printer Offline option.
- Lastly, wait while the Printer to get back online.
Make Printer Online Through Device Manager
Using the Device Manager to disable the Use Printer Offline option is another way to make Printer go online in Windows 10.
- In the Start, you will find the WinX menu; you can find the Device Manager option and select it.
- Select the Action tab from the Device Manager Screen, and from the menu, you will find the Devices and Printers. Do note the if the “Devices and Printers option “is not available, retry again after a while.
- In the next window, you will find the Offline Printer and select it.
- Then in the following menu, select the See what’s printing option.
- Finally, Select the Printer Tab, and to remove the checkmark on this item, select the Use Printer Offline option.
- Now, wait till the Printer gets online.
So once it’s online, it will automatically print the file in the queue.
So the final option is to troubleshoot the Printer, which can only be done if the printer switches between being online and going offline, so in that case, the best solution is the Troubleshoot the Printer to find the issue.
- In the Start, go to Setting and from there Devices.
- In the left pane of the Device, you can find and click on the Troubleshoot option.
- When you scroll down, on the right pane, you will find the Troubleshoot section; you will find the Printer option and select it.
- From the printer menu dropdown, you are required to select the Run the Troubleshooter Option.
- Once the Troubleshooter runs its diagnostics
- The Troubleshooter will come up with a solution to fix the issue.
The suggestion might probably be to set the Printer as the Default Printer or update the drivers.
- Then lastly, select the Apply This Fix to resolve the issue and check out the further instructions.
I hope one of the following pointers helped you resolve the issue, and there is a change in the Printer status from offline to online.